What's New - NEO Find 4.04 Build 4220 / 4221 - 6 December 2020
||Applies to NEO Find 4.04
This describes the changes in the following release:
Version: 4.04 Build 4220 (x86 for 32 bit Outlook)
Version: 4.04 Build 4221 (x64 for 64 bit Outlook)
Released: 6 December 2020
For a listing of what is changed in this build version, please see
NEO Find 4 moves from Btrieve to SQL
NEO Find 4 introduces a new, modern SQL based database system for NEO's catalog. After migrating to NEO Find 4, the Actian Btrieve 12 product is not needed anymore (and if so required can be uninstalled). The new database system is not requiring a separate license so the license of NEO Find suffices to run the product.
What's new in this build 4220/4221:
New Features of NEO Find 4
- Introduction of the new SQL based database system for NEO's catalog.
After starting NEO Find 4 for first time, the Btrieve 12 database is migrated to the new SQL format; after this NEO Find will force a restart followed by a rebuild of the catalog. Without this rebuild the new catalog cannot be used. Make sure to allow sufficient time to run the rebuild of the catalog. For this first migration NEO Find 4 needs the Btrieve database engine - thereafter, Btrieve 12 will not be used anymore by NEO Find 4.
NEO Find 4 is not changing the Btrieve 12 database files used by NEO Find 3. As long as the Btrieve 12 product has not been uninstalled, NEO Find 3 can be used in parallel to (but not at the same time as) NEO Find 4.
- The new database system of NEO Find 4 makes the product ready for the decades ahead.
- Rebuilding of the catalog and searches are, depending on exact machine configurations, significantly faster (40% - 60% faster from the tests done on different systems).
- Native 64 bit SQL configuration - no further need of the specially developed interface file to link 64bit NEO Find to 32bit Btrieve.
New Features in this build
- This is the official release version of NEO Find 4
- Several instability issues have been resolved
- Closing the catalog caused occassionally an Access Violation error; this has been resolved
- Versions b4190/4191 or earlier may have resulted in inaccuracies in the new catalog; a catalog rebuild will resolve this.
- Sorting of message list on column with icons not preserved when switching view.
Additional information on this release
Click here for full details of what's new in NEO Find 4.
Click here for full details of what's new in the last major release NEO Find 3.
NEO Find 4.0 release history (build 4xx0 for x86 (32 bit) Outlook / build 4xx1 for x64 (64 bit) Outlook)
NEO Find 4.0 Build 409x (21 September 2020) - first release
- T1235 - What's New - NEO Find 4.0 Build 409x (21 September 2020)
- T1237 - What's New - NEO Find 4.0 Build 413x (27 September 2020)
- T1242 - What's New - NEO Find 4.0 Build 419x (8 November 2020)
Last updated: 6 December 2020