What's new in NEO Pro 7.0
For what's new in the latest build 7020 / 7021 click here.
For what's new in the previous major version NEO Pro 6 click here.
You can download NEO Pro 7.0 here
Rebuild the catalog when upgrading from NEO Pro 618x (click here for details) or coming from NEO Pro 4 or earlier.
New in NEO Pro 7.0
- Introducing the latest Btrieve 12 as new database engine for NEO Pro's catalogThis is first release of NEO Pro 7 marking the changeover from the old Btrieve 6.15 database engine for NEO's catalog to the latest Btrieve 12. As this is a major change, first release of NEO Pro 7 will only incorporate this new database engine. Btrieve 12 is fully compatible with all latest Operating Systems and newest hardware features. It comes with auto reconnect, improved concurrent file use, wire encryption, improved stability and a lot more making NEO Pro ready for the next decade.
This will be starting point for new features and functionalities to be released over the coming months in subsequent upgrades to NEO Pro 7 to build on top of new possibilities now available.
Btrieve 12 comes with its own license which needs to be authorized to use Btrieve 12 or to deauthorized to move to another machine - this will be managed completely by NEO Pro through activating/deactivating the NEO Pro license. However, this makes the process of 'deactivating' the NEO Pro license even more important if NEO Pro is to be used on another machine.
At any time, the Btrieve 12 license can also be manually deauthorized through the Btrieve 12 License Administrator utility which is available in the regular program list after installation of NEO Pro 7.
Build 7xx0 - NEO Pro version x86: for 32 bit Outlook
Build 7xx1 - NEO Pro version x64: for 64 bit Outlook
NEO Pro 7.0 Build 7020 / 7021
- NEO Pro 7 didn't start with Outlook when configured as such under options.
- Installing NEO Pro 7 showed on some configurations an error causing the installer to apparently stall.
- Occasionally the Search pane was incorrectly scaled.
- Reminder window for an expiring license was not properly scaled on hi-resolution screens.
- Some further improvements to layout issues for hi-resolution screens.
- Installer program not always correctly activated the Btrieve 12 interface file.
- Activating a NEO Pro 7 license not always authorized the Btrieve 12 license correctly.
- Activating or extending a subscription license not always handled properly the Btrieve 12 license.
NoneThere are no known issues with this release.