What's new in NEO Pro 7.0 and 7.1 beta
For what's new in the latest build 7050 / 7051 beta click here.
For what's new in the previous major version NEO Pro 6 click here.
You can download NEO Pro 7.0 and 7.1 beta here
Rebuild the catalog when upgrading from NEO Pro 618x (click here for details) or coming from NEO Pro 4 or earlier.
New in NEO Pro 7.1 (beta)
- Introducing a second message list for better overview of ongoing communicationA second message list is introduced showing content of the Correspondent or Bulk mail folder from the item of the primary message list. This gives an immediate overview of all messages exchanged with this person while focussing on the current message. From the second message list messages can be selected, opened, replied or with drag-drop attached to a new message - the usual actions also available for the primary message list.
When starting this version first time, the new message list will open and take half the available space - size of the message list can be changed by dragging the border. The additional message list can be minimized by double-clicking the border between the two lists. Also, the 2nd list can be switched on/off using the extra button on the Home tab of the NEO Pro ribbon ('Correspondent list pane') or by clicking the shortcut Alt+P.
Please note: this NEO Pro 7.1 build 7050/7051 is a beta release - please report back issues you are having with the new features listed above. The final NEO Pro 7.1 will most likely see additional new features and additional beta builds are expected over the coming weeks.
New in NEO Pro 7.0
- Introducing the latest Btrieve 12 as new database engine for NEO Pro's catalogThis is first release of NEO Pro 7 marking the changeover from the old Btrieve 6.15 database engine for NEO's catalog to the latest Btrieve 12. As this is a major change, first release of NEO Pro 7 will only incorporate this new database engine. Btrieve 12 is fully compatible with all latest Operating Systems and newest hardware features. It comes with auto reconnect, improved concurrent file use, wire encryption, improved stability and a lot more making NEO Pro ready for the next decade.
This will be starting point for new features and functionalities to be released over the coming months in subsequent upgrades to NEO Pro 7 to build on top of new possibilities now available.
Btrieve 12 comes with its own license which needs to be authorized to use Btrieve 12 or to deauthorized to move to another machine - this will be managed completely by NEO Pro through activating/deactivating the NEO Pro license. However, this makes the process of 'deactivating' the NEO Pro license even more important if NEO Pro is to be used on another machine.
At any time, the Btrieve 12 license can also be manually deauthorized through the Btrieve 12 License Administrator utility which is available in the regular program list after installation of NEO Pro 7.
- New keyboard shortcut to open NEO Pro from OutlookWhen in Outlook you can now switch to NEO Pro using keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+N (even if NEO Pro is minimized and hidden in the system tray) - if NEO Pro isn't running, this shortcut will start NEO Pro.
From NEO Pro to Outlook you can already use (i.a.) the existing keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+1 (jump to Outlook mail) or Ctrl+2 (jump to Outlook calendar).
Build 7xx0 - NEO Pro version x86: for 32 bit Outlook
Build 7xx1 - NEO Pro version x64: for 64 bit Outlook
NEO Pro 7.1 Build 7050 / 7051 beta
- Occasionally messages in foreign languages (Japanese, Chinese, ...) caused NEO Pro to crash.
- The Rules window (on the Tools ribbon tab) didn't show correctly with changed font size settings.
- The malfunctioning word-wrap in Notes attached to e-mails in NEO Pro has been corrected.
NEO Pro 7.0 Build 7040 / 7041
- Latest Outlook updates prevented NEO Pro from opening.
- NEO Pro 7 didn't always close with Outlook when configured as such under options.
- When closing NEO Pro a Btrieve warning occasionally showed.
- Intermediate version build 7030/7031 suffered from poor performance.
NEO Pro 7.0 Build 7020 / 7021
- NEO Pro 7 didn't start with Outlook when configured as such under options.
- Installing NEO Pro 7 showed on some configurations an error causing the installer to apparently stall.
- Occasionally the Search pane was incorrectly scaled.
- Reminder window for an expiring license was not properly scaled on hi-resolution screens.
- Some further improvements to layout issues for hi-resolution screens.
- Installer program not always correctly activated the Btrieve 12 interface file.
- Activating a NEO Pro 7 license not always authorized the Btrieve 12 license correctly.
- Activating or extending a subscription license not always handled properly the Btrieve 12 license.
NoneThere are no known issues with this release.