What's New - NEO Pro 4.1
Build 472 (26 January 2010)
||Applies to NEO Pro 4.1
This describes the changes in the following release:
Version: 4.1 Build 472
Released: 26 January 2010
Release 4.1 Build 472 contains a mix of new features, minor improvements and some defect fixes.
This is a free update for licensed NEO Pro 4.0 users. Click here
for instructions on upgrading from a previous release.
What's in this Release
- Search box now available in all views (above the message listing) with two search functions:
- To search through all message stores, press Enter or the left search icon
- To search within the current folder, press Shift+Enter or the right search icon
- User-definable backup location for the catalog (under Catalog Properties). E.g. to allow placing the catalog on a memory drive like Ramdisk Plus.
- A Correspondent can be assigned 'priority' showíng all messages in red in the message listing. To assign priority, right-click the Correspondent Folder and select Folder Properties.
- Delete attachments option from the paperclip icon on the reading pane
- Search for attachment name on the Search tab
- Column in message listing showing the Outlook folder of the message
- Highlighting of search words in search results
- Virtual folder showing all deleted items within all Outlook message stores on status tab (catalog rebuild necessary)
- Filter to show only ‘Filed Messages’ (“Shift + Filter Unfiled Message”)
- Rules can now add a Category based on (part of) the subject
- Search and Rules can become punctuation sensitive (option during Catalog Rebuild)
- Auto resizing of columns in the message listing when changing size of the reading pane (when positioned on right-hand side)
- Showing Filed icon for subfolder of inbox now user-definable option (on the ‘miscellaneous’ tab); default is to show the filed icon for these sub-folders.
- Delayed clean-up of read items from the Unread folder now user-definable option (on the ‘miscellaneous’ tab); default is delayed clean-up (between 1-2 hours).
- Option in Category Picker (Ctrl+T) to add all categories to Master Category list.
- Improved tray icon handling: NEO Pro’s icon will not be removed from tray when in foreground and single click on NEO’s tray icon will bring minimized window to foreground.
- Outlook folders in Hot view get message store name when not from default mailbox PST. Adding this Store Name can be switched off from the Tools | Options | Format tab (restart needed).
- Shift+Ctrl+Left/Right now mirroring behavior within Windows (select word left/right)
- Secondary shortcuts for Categorize (Alt+Z) and Search in Folder (Alt+X) now permanent
- Icon added for 'Make Inactive'
- 2nd Outlook instance caused by certain Outlook add-ins (e.g. Mind Manager, Webex, …) resolved
- Dormant to Current promotion for folders receiving a new message now functional
- Duplicate message entries within NEO Pro when running Outlook 2007 SP2 in Cached Exchange mode have been resolved.
- Incorrect folder count after ‘Empty Folder’ for Spam/Deleted Items has been corrected
- Show name options in Folder Properties now showing correct setting
- Junk mail system folder could be deleted within NEO; this is no longer possible
- Solution for TrayIcon errors
- Few minor Windows 7 issues addressed
After upgrading to release 4.1, some features will only be available after a rebuild of your catalog: within NEO Pro go to File | Catalog | Rebuild Catalog.
Last updated: 25 January 2010